Monday, April 24, 2023

Edward Lee's THE TELEVISION

Recommended Reading: Edward Lee's latest novel, THE TELEVISION, is a darkly absurd mixture of Hieronymus Bosch and William S. Burroughs. THE TELEVISION might be the most brutally realistic novel published in the past thirty years or so. Edward Lee is a mad man, and I mean that in the best sense possible. Even Bosch would be impressed by the perversely absurd, transgressive tableau on display in these pages. I hope this wins the Splatterpunk Award for Best Novel of the Year. It deserves that much recognition (and a hell of a lot more, in fact). 

“Lee has managed to string together the most gruesome atrocities of our history into a cohesive story. And he describes them in cold graphic detail. I had to go intellectual to stay sane. It's the most ... I don't know ... horrifying thing. It's true evil. Factual evil.” -- Lisa Tone, Editor in Chief, Madness Heart Press

"Okay, so, I just read a paragraph, consisting of but three sentences. I had to put down the Kindle and go into the bathroom, rinse my damn face off. Then I looked at myself in the mirror, and questioned everything about myself, I laughed maniacally for a couple of seconds. I think it's a coping mechanism. But that didn't work so now I'm gonna go for a ride with Birdie and get some fresh air. For real. Three sentences. FML. I Love The Edward Lee." -- Brad Tierny, Extreme Horror book reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment