Thursday, May 6, 2021

NIGHTMARE MAGAZINE REVIEWS BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD

I was pleased to see that Terence Taylor (author of BITE MARKS and BLOOD PRESSURE) has written a very laudatory review of my latest novel, BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD, for NIGHTMARE MAGAZINE. Here's a brief excerpt:

"The sensation [of reading BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD] is like being led deep underground while your flashlight grows dimmer and dimmer, until you’re left in total darkness. That’s when the lights of a subterranean crypt flash on to reveal that you’re not where you expected to be, and where you are is far worse than you could have imagined. The result is an ending that left me chilled and took me a few days to fully process. As shocking as it was, everything was set up from the beginning. I know, I went back and checked, and have to give Guffey credit for pulling off a literary sleight of hand that caught me by surprise. I won’t spoil it with more, except to say that like the frog in water that’s warmed so slowly it doesn’t realize it’s coming to a lethal boil, Guffey’s readers face an equally stunning conclusion."

You can read Taylor's entire review right HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment